Join us for this unique intensive training experience online from the comfort of your own home!
This unique womxn-only course offers the same skill set training as the usual TYNTFT, but focuses the content on Womxn's health issues and features a stellar constellation of wonderful colleagues and TYNTFT graduates sharing their perspectives on feminine health issues. Guest speakers include Kallie Schut on yoga nidra, social justice and race equity, Olga Chwa, on Queer Nidra, Kate Codrington on yoga nidra and the menopause, and Yoni Shakti the Movement Campaign co-manager, Tiffany Mitchenor on yoga nidra for healing race based trauma and ancestral connections.
Please click here for information on why everything is staying online for now Covid statement
All times are for the UK. If you need to check what time this is for you locally then you can do this here: https://www.timeanddate.com
Friday 7th May 2021 - Saturday 15th May 2021 from 6pm - 9pm each day
Follow up tutorials and group seminars until a Celebratory End of Course Gathering - 9th May 2022 (To be confirmed)
This particlular Total Yoga Nidrā teacher training is a Womxn-only training space, for womxn and for those who identify as womxn. The intention of creating a womxn-only training is to support the confidence and power of women’s creative energies in a circle of sisters. We have observed over the years that many women discover their creative power can feel limited or constrained in the presence of men. Because Total Yoga Nidra is a creative and responsive practice, it is important for each person in training to share Total Yoga Nidra to feel free to connect to their own inspiration and expressive capacity. Womxn who feel that a womxn-only space is a helpful environment to foster their self-confidence and reconnection to creative and expressive inspiration are invited to attend this womxn-only course.
This course is a virtual circle of belonging dedicated to welcoming healing in the ecosystem of womanhood at every stage of life. We have an all female teaching team, and will be scheduling tutorials and script development meeting during the daytimes preceding the course meeting evenings in the second half of the intensive retreat-type training so we encourage those signing up for this course to clear their diaries for the whole week, even though the course contact hours are in the evening, there will be much practice and study to do during the daytimes.
The difference between this course and the usual one is not in terms of skills - participants learn the same skills of facilitation as in the usual training - the womxn only environment is a sanctuary space within which the nidras shared and the nidras students create are welcome to be focussed in and around women's health, healing, creativity and wellness.
We have facilitated many, many all-womxn groups for our trainings over the years - but this is the first one that is intended specifically from the outset to be focussed on the application of Total Yoga Nidra for the support and nurture of womxn's health and vitality. All who identify as women are welcome in this space of learning, sharing and training.
Statement In Defence of the Practice of Yoga Nidrā:
A joint declaration of independence for Yoga Nidrā Shakti
by Nirlipta Tuli CIAYT MA, Co-Founder of the Yoga Nidra Network, and Uma Dinsmore-Tuli CIAYT PhD, Founder of the Yoni Shakti the Movement Campaign to eradicate the abuse of women in yoga, Co-Founder of the Yoga Nidra Network
This purpose of this statement is to inform, educate and reassure. Our intention is to support and uplift practitioners and facilitators of all forms and methods of yoga nidrā worldwide, whilst calling to account all the organisations which promote this practice. We offer our perspective on the current context of yoga nidrā teaching, including a summary of recent and historic abuses in all major yoga nidrā organisations. We also reveal, in brief, some neglected and hidden histories of yoga nidrā, in order to provide a broader, more nuanced and complete context of understanding of this diverse and ancient practice. Please read this statement HERE
If you want to facilitate Total Yoga Nidra with confidence then this live online training is the wise choice. Why? Because you get unparalleled student support, practical guidance and structured learning:
- Because you get FIVE individual 30 minute tutorials, and a structured plan of listening and assignments to complete to help you learn more about Total Yoga Nidra.
- Because you learn to create your own special Total Yoga Nidra for your personal practice.
- Because you are given support and nurture to enable you to create Total Yoga Nidra practices for your students and clients and/or family and friends), AND receive nourishing specific feedback from tutors and fellow students to refine and improve your work.
- Because you receive twelve months ongoing student support through attendance at our monthly online community ‘open circle webinars’ to answer your questions about the ethical facilitation of Total Yoga Nidra live and online - our support for you lasts for one year and one day from the start of the course.
- Because you receive tutorial support to complete a case study about the application of Total Yoga Nidra practice to your own clients/ students/self, so you can share your own practices with creative confidence.
ALL this is IN ADDITION to the NINE Live Online 3 hour sessions for delivery of course content, practice and practical exercises to empower you to grow in confidence to share yoga nidra. We share the history and development of yoga nidra and explore the art and science behind it. This course explores the ethics of faciliatation, in the context of social justice and empowerment for all.
This course brings together and international team of highly skilled tutors with decades of experience in sharing yoga nidra and training yoga nidra facilitators. Join Uma Dinsmore-Tuli PhD and Yoli Maya-Yeh MA, who work with a vibrant team of experienced and skilful facilitators to hold a nurturing and educative space to learn everything you need to know about Total Yoga Nidra.
We look forward to welcoming you !
Welcome Home to Yourself!
Welcome to the openness of awareness that is Total Yoga Nidra. Welcome to the most comprehensive and supportive training we can offer, a combination of the power of intense experience of yoga nidra practice with the opportunity to learn and share together and the ongoing support of a global community of excellent teachers and fellow trainees.
Total Yoga Nidra is a comprehensive, inclusive and non-dogmatic approach to yoga nidra that respects and explores a range of practice methods, but also acknowledges a variety of levels of experience. In this intensive course you can expect to:
- Dive deeply into yoga nidra right from the start
- Learn to teach and facilitate yoga nidra with confidence in class settings, one-to-ones, and for a range of therapeutic applications.
- Develop the confidence to practice and share yoga nidra independently, responsively and creatively
- Get practical and technical guidance on teaching and sharing yoga nidra online (through Zoom, Facebook and other platforms)
- Encounter yoga nidra in its totality with an exploration of the multiple forms and levels of this remarkable yoga practice
- Understand the full living range of different methods, lineages and levels of yoga nidra
- Experience Total Yoga Nidra as a living intelligence of the heart, an adaptogenic practice of deep healing and self-discovery
- Deepen your own intuitive practice of meditative yoga
- Independent, post-lineage and free from affiliation to any yoga school or lineage.
- Rooted in the practical ethics of The Yoga Nidra Network
This is an intensive course. It requires a willingness and energy to maintain an intense focus on learning and practice and sharing. The intensive nature of the training means this course is unsuitable for anyone who has experienced psychosis.
You will learn:
- To devise and deliver Total Yoga Nidra practices appropriate to your needs and those of your students and clients;
- A clear practical understanding of the structure and function of Total Yoga Nidra, including models of best practice, and techniques to be avoided;
- A practical understanding of the key principles of yogic psychology and philosophy relevant to the practice of Total Yoga Nidra;
- A contextual understanding of the development and history of Total Yoga Nidra across different lineages;
- To share Total Yoga Nidra with an informed sensitivity to the emotional and spiritual experiences of those receiving the practice;
- To teach a range of restorative yoga asanas suitable for use during yoga nidra practice;
- To teach within the appropriate safety guidelines for this type of yoga practice.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the structure and variations in approaches to, and levels of, Total Yoga Nidra practice
- Clinical hypnosis, self-hypnosis and yoga nidra – a full exploration of the relationship between these practices
- Further explorations in history and development of yoga nidra: nyasa, tantra, Satyananda Yoga, Himalayan Institute, Richard Miller, Swami Veda Bharati, Swami Jneshvara Bharati
- Deeper explorations of yoga philosophy and cosmology in relation to Total Yoga Nidra
- Exploring research on yoga nidra exploring the value of understandings from neuroscience, clinical psychology, psycho-neuro-immunology and physiology in relation to the function of yoga nidra, including stress and the relaxation response
- Restorative asana: refinements on propping poses for yoga nidra
- Sankalpa: resolution and intention setting, listening to inner guidance, framing and using Sankalpa within and around yoga nidra
- Breath awareness /pranayama: specific use within the structure of yoga nidra session, and to support the practice of yoga nidra
- Visualisations: a range of different traditional and creative scripting options, contra- indications, appropriateness and therapeutic value
- Creativity and innovation: devising your own Total Yoga Nidra experiences; metaphor, poetry and grammar for enlightened communication
- Responsiveness: tailoring script to needs of target populations, bespoke scripts: utilising client images in yoga nidra
- Self-development: sample practices, support for self-reflection and growth
- Dharana: yoga nidra as an aid to improve concentration
- Dhyana: yoga nidra as the meditative heart of yoga
- Living yoga nidra: practical and effective integration of yoga nidra into daily life
- Total yoga nidra as a therapeutic tool
Intensive, supportive online gatherings for practice and learning via Zoom groups and breakout-groups. This includes sharing your own practice, with community feedback and appreciation.
- Friday 7th - Saturday15th May 2021 inclusive from 6pm - 9pm each day
- Five personal tutorials, each for 30 minutes each, 2.5 hours in total
- Twelve monthly Open Circle Webinars, attendance at six is required – 12 hours
- Structured system of self-study and practice -16 hours
- A total of 60 hours of study, practice, training and support to nourish your growth into a confident and committed teacher and facilitator of Total Yoga Nidra.