Yoga Nidra is a deep relaxation and meditation technique that is nourishing and restorative. Total Yoga Nidra encompasses all styles of yoga nidra from a variety of sources, and is a radical, creative and intuitive approach to sharing yoga nidra in a way that is profoundly healing.
Total Yoga Nidra has many benefits including that it:
- refreshes vitality and supports health and well being
- brings us home to ourselves, where we rediscover innate peace of life
- boosts creativity and develops the facility for intuitive insights when practised regularly
- gives expanded awareness for lucid living, that awakens consciousness of sleep and dream
- reconnects us to the source of our own loving nature, empowering us to welcome happiness and purpose in every dimension of life.
Awaken your consciousness of sleep and dream through the tantric practice of expanded awareness for lucid living. Become alive to the source of well-being, happiness and purpose in every dimension of life.
We understand yoga nidra to be the most transformative, potent and remarkably adaptive of all yoga practices. Yoga nidra is in fact not really a single practice, but rather an experience of altered states of consciousness, essentially meditative experiences, which can be used therapeutically for healing, as well as to enhance creativity and productivity and to improve sleep and general health.
The Total Yoga Nidra Immersion Experience is a self-contained and complete retreat- style immersion (non-residential). It offers an accessible and profound experience of Total Yoga Nidra, providing a perfect opportunity for those who have encountered other partial or limited forms of the practice to meet the full spectrum of approaches to yoga nidra.
The combination of theory and practice will give you a sound foundation (or to deepen your existing foundation) of understanding about what yoga nidra is in the broadest sense, and how it works, together with plenty of live, responsive and practical experiences of a full range of yoga nidra. We will cover:
1. Welcome to Yoga Nidra
2. History and Development
3. Intentions, and How They Shape the Practice
4. Comparative Structures
5. Comparative Rotations of Consciousness
6. The Science of Yoga Nidra
7. The Philosophy of Yoga Nidra
8. Liminality & Creativity
9. Sleep, Memory & Dreams
10. Trance: Hypnosis & Yoga Nidra
11. Yoga Nidra as a Meditative Practice
13. Sound, Yoga Nidra & Bhakti Yoga
14. Growing your Own Practice
The Total Yoga Nidra Immersion Experience is both a standalone weekend course that covers all the fundamentals of Total Yoga Nidra, as well as a pre-requisite for the full Total Yoga Nidra Teacher and Facilitator Training.
We invite feedback from all our students - if you'd like to know what they're saying about this course then we're delighted to share it with you.
This qualifies for Continuing Education credit with Yoga Alliance.
Space is limited - sign up in advance to secure your spot.
Saturday 10am – 6pm
Sunday 2pm – 5pm
Who is it for?
• Both men and women are welcome
• Those interested in yoga, and/ or meditation and yoga nidra
• Yoga teachers and yoga therapists - it can count towards CEs depending upon the requirements of their professional associations
• Teachers trained in any tradition of yoga nidra
Try before you book FREE Total Yoga Nidra
Uma highly recommends that you listen to her Total Yoga Nidra “To nourish every dimension of being”
Other Total Yoga Nidras by Uma and others are available here