Live Online Total Yoga Nidra Teacher and Facilitator Retreat and Training
Welcome to the openness of awareness that is Total Yoga Nidra. This course is once a week for 12 weeks. Welcome to the most comprehensive and supportive training our team of internationally recognised experts can offer. Experience a combination of the power of intense experience of yoga nidra practice with the opportunity to learn and share together and the ongoing support of a global community of excellent teachers and fellow trainees.
Total Yoga Nidra is a comprehensive, inclusive and non-dogmatic approach to yoga nidra – ‘yogic sleep’, a powerful practice of rest and inner resourcing – that respects and explores a range of practice methods, and also acknowledges a variety of levels of experience.
With: Dr. Uma Dinsmore-Tuli PhD CIAYT, Nirlipta Tuli MA CIAYT, Yoli Maya Yeh and visiting tutors.
Our Total Yoga Nidra teacher training is an industry leading intensive course and retreat, still – for now – available online. Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, author of the seminal Yoni Shakti, and Nirlipta Tuli, co-founder with Uma of the Yoga Nidra Network, are among the leading researchers, teachers, and innovators in yoga nidra alive today. Join us for a truly unique in-depth course and retreat, led by internationally recognised experts, and supported by some of the most experienced and acclaimed teachers in the UK and the States.
This is a 12 week course, with weekly live online input from 6-9pm GMT on these dates:
06, 13, 20, 27 January 2022
03, 10, 17, 24 February 2022
03, 10, 17, 24 March 2022
You will also be required to attend 3 open circles on the following dates:
15 January 2022 2.00 - 3.30 pm GMT
21 February 2022 7.00 - 8.30 pm GMT
19 March 2.00 - 3.00 pm GMT.
Attendance at these open circles is a mandatory part of the course.
Three tutorials included in the course costs and we suggest you take one per month. You will be given the link to book the tutorials yourself.
(All times are for the UK. If you need to check what time this is for you locally then you can do this here: timeanddate.com)
If you want to facilitate Total Yoga Nidra with confidence, then this live, online training is the wise choice. Why? Because you get unparalleled student support, practical guidance and structured learning:
Because you get three individual 30 minute tutorials with Nirlipta Tuli, co-founder of the Yoga Nidra Network, and a structured plan of listening and assignments to complete to help you learn more about Total Yoga Nidra.
Because you learn to create your own special Total Yoga Nidra for your personal practice.
Because you are given support and nurtured to enable you to create Total Yoga Nidra practices for your students and clients (and/or family and friends), and receive nourishing specific feedback from tutors and fellow students to refine and improve your work.
Because you receive three months ongoing student support through attendance at our monthly online community open circle webinars to answer your questions about the ethical facilitation of Total Yoga Nidra live and online.
Because you receive tutorial support to complete a case study about the application of Total Yoga Nidra practice to your own clients/ students/self, so you can share your own practices with creative confidence.
All this is in addition to the 12 live, online 3 hour sessions for delivery of course content, practice and practical exercises to empower you to grow in confidence to share yoga nidra. We share the history and development of yoga nidra and†explore the art and science behind it. This course explores the ethics of faciliatation, in the context of social justice and empowerment for all.
Welcome Home to Yourself!
In this intensive course you can expect to:
- Dive deeply into yoga nidra right from the start
- Learn to teach and facilitate yoga nidra with confidence in class settings, one-to-ones, and for a range of therapeutic applications.
- Develop the confidence to practice and share yoga nidra independently, responsively and creatively.
- Get practical and technical guidance on teaching and sharing yoga nidra online (through Zoom, Facebook and other platforms).
- Encounter yoga nidra in its totality with an exploration of the multiple forms and levels of this remarkable yoga practice.
- Understand the full living range of different methods, lineages and levels of yoga nidra.
- Experience Total Yoga Nidra as a living intelligence of the heart, an adaptogenic practice of deep healing and self-discovery.
- Deepen your own intuitive practice of meditative yoga.
- Independent, post-lineage and free from affiliation to any yoga school or lineage.
- Rooted in the practical ethics of The†Yoga Nidra Network.
- This is an intensive course. It requires a willingness and energy to maintain an intense focus on learning and practice and sharing. The intensive nature of the training means this course is unsuitable for anyone who has experienced psychosis.
You will learn:
- To devise and deliver Total Yoga Nidra practices appropriate to your needs and those of your students and clients.
- A clear practical understanding of the structure and function of Total Yoga Nidra, including models of best practice, and techniques to be avoided.
- A practical understanding of the key principles of yogic psychology and philosophy relevant to the practice of Total Yoga Nidra.
- A contextual understanding of the development and history of Total Yoga Nidra across different lineages.
- To share Total Yoga Nidra with an informed sensitivity to the emotional and spiritual experiences of those receiving the practice.
- To teach a range of restorative yoga asanas suitable for use during yoga nidra practice.
- To teach within the appropriate safety guidelines for this type of yoga practice.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the structure and variations in approaches to, and levels of, Total Yoga Nidra practice.
- Clinical hypnosis, self-hypnosis and yoga nidra ñ a full exploration of the relationship between these practices.
- Further explorations in history and development of yoga nidra: nyasa, tantra, Satyananda Yoga, Himalayan Institute, Richard Miller, Swami Veda Bharati, Swami Jneshvara Bharati.
- Deeper explorations of yoga philosophy and cosmology in relation to Total Yoga Nidra.
- Exploring research on yoga nidra exploring the value of understandings from neuroscience, clinical psychology, psycho-neuro-immunology and physiology in relation to the function of yoga nidra, including stress and the relaxation response.
- Restorative asana: refinements on propping poses for yoga nidra.
- Sankalpa: resolution and intention setting, listening to inner guidance, framing and using Sankalpa within and around yoga nidra.
- Breath awareness / pranayama: specific use within the structure of yoga nidra session, and to support the practice of yoga nidra.
- Visualisations: a range of different traditional and creative scripting options, contra- indications, appropriateness and therapeutic value.
- Creativity and innovation: devising your own Total Yoga Nidra experiences; metaphor, poetry and grammar for enlightened communication.
- Responsiveness: tailoring script to needs of target populations, bespoke scripts: utilising client images in yoga nidra.
- Self-development: sample practices, support for self-reflection and growth.
- Dharana: yoga nidra as an aid to improve concentration.
- Dhyana: yoga nidra as the meditative heart of yoga.
- Living yoga nidra: practical and effective integration of yoga nidra into daily life.
- Total yoga nidra as a therapeutic tool.
Intensive, supportive online gatherings for practice and learning via Zoom groups and breakout-groups. This includes sharing your own practice, with community feedback and appreciation in the second gathering
Statement In Defence of the Practice of Yoga Nidrā:
A joint declaration of independence for Yoga Nidrā Shakti, by Nirlipta Tuli CIAYT MA, Co-Founder of the Yoga Nidra Network, and†Uma Dinsmore-Tuli CIAYT PhD, Founder of the Yoni Shakti the Movement Campaign to eradicate the abuse of women in yoga, Co-Founder of the Yoga Nidra Network
This purpose of this statement is to inform, educate and reassure. Our intention is to support and uplift practitioners and facilitators of all forms and methods of yoga nidrā worldwide, whilst calling to account all the organisations which promote this practice. We offer our perspective on the current context of yoga nidrā teaching, including a summary of recent and historic abuses in all major yoga nidrā organisations. We also reveal, in brief, some neglected and hidden histories of yoga nidrā, in order to provide a broader, more nuanced and complete context of understanding of this diverse and ancient practice.
Please read this statement HERE