The BaliSpirit Festival embodies the core mantra of Balinese Hinduism - Tri Hita Karana - to live in harmony with our spiritual, social, and natural environments.
Through the traditions of yoga, dance, healing and world music, the BaliSpirit Festival attracts over 5000 people from all over the world every year. The 7-day, 8-night Festival offers you a wide range of events to choose from between 8am – 11pm each day over 1 week, in 2019 from March 24 - 31, such as interactive workshops & seminars, a lively community market & healing center, a children’s activity zone, yoga classes and vibrant night time programs of live Bhakti music concerts, ecstatic dance and DJs, set among the picturesque rice-fields of Ubud, Bali.
Theme of 2019: RESTORE THE BALANCE
This year we offer a space for our global family to gather together in sacred celebration, doing the inside-out work of personal and planetary healing and transformation. As we take time and space to re-align through yoga, movement, dance and music, we fine-tune our inner equilibrium and rejuvenate our bodies.
We find inspiration with world-renowned teachers, workshops, wisdom talks and seminars, discovering new paths to inner harmony, healing and our collective well-being. On this journey, we set aside digital distractions in favor of soul-to-soul connections, making new friends, embracing new ideas, and expanding our wisdom. There is space to share from the heart, opportunities to connect deeply, and places to be alone to reflect.
And with our cups filled to the brim and raised to the heavens, we unite in ceremony and celebration, dancing under the stars to a global lineup of musical magicians. You are so welcome to offer your prayer at this sacred fire. In service to the dream of a healthy and vibrant planet, it’s time to Restore the Balance.
Uma Dinsmore-Tuli will be sharing sessions as part of the festival on the following topics:
- Yoga therapy for women’s health - exploring yoga therapy for specific health issues such as mensturality and fertility, menopause, postnatal recovery
- Yoga for women - experimental anatomy of the pelvis - know your own pelvic floor and pelvic organs, through yoni shakti yoga, yoga nidra and pelvic mapping.
- Living with the Mahavidyas - embodying the presence of the Great Wisdom Goddess in the cycles of our lives
- Freeing the Queen of Dreams through Total Yoga Nidra - an immersion in Nidra Shakti - the deep power of rest
- Postlineage yoga - a focus on freedom and convergence
- Living yoga as spiritual activism - reflections on post-lineage yoga, eco-feminism, yoga nidra and self-care (Keynote presentation)
There will also be a pre-festival 3hr workshop: Yoni Shakti: Yoga of Source Power (23 March) and a post-festival day-long workshop: Creativity Sexuality and the Cycles of our Lives: Women’s Yoga Workshop (2 April)
Full details and times coming soon